Physical fitness should be important in everyone’s life. It helps you stay healthy, it makes you feel healthy, and it is an excellent method to become and remain in shape. The way I see it, fitness exercises can do no harm. Quite the contrary. That is why a doctor’s orders will always be plenty of exercise.
One of the most frequentexercise is abdominal training. It is not difficultto see why. Everyone wants a fit and flat abdomen. It is one of those areas that require intensive training. That is why my recommendation to you is to invest in one of the best sit-up benches you can afford. It is a great thing to have in your home, and you do not have to go to the gym for a simple ab exercise.
Why do you need a sit-up bench?
The answer to that question is simple. I have never heard anyone complaining about a ‘too fit’ abdomen. That being said, here is why a sit-up bench is an excellent addition to your home.
- Your entire core will become stronger – people usually ask why it is so important to strengthen your core. In fact, that has everything to do with your everyday life. When you train your core, you are training your abs, oblique muscles hips and lower back. You use those muscles even when you walk. Not to mention that a stronger core will help you do other sports. It will also help you with posture. A sit-up bench will provide everything you need in order to train all those muscles. Not to mention that your midsection will be more attractive in a few months.
- You will lose your belly fat – when you use a sit up bench, you burn a lot of fat. Since all the intense activity is around your abdomen, that is where the fat will go away. Of course, you cannot rely only on sit ups. You must also adopt a healthy diet to go with the exercises. Otherwise, the results will not show anytime
- A sit up bench provides support for your back – I do not know about you, but I used to do my sit-ups on the floor. That is okay, but only if you use a mat or something. However, a sit-up bench provides more support for your back than a mat or the carpet in your room. It will help you do the exercises more correctly so that your back will not suffer at all. After all, back pain will prevent you from doing any kind of exercise, not only sit ups. So take really good care of your back.
- You can do a variety of exercises – usually, a sit up bench provides the possibility of training not just your abdomen, but your legs and back as well. You can also use it when you work out with dumbbells. For example, you can do decline dumbbell bench presses.
- It is beneficial for both advanced users and beginners – more advanced users will use the sit up bench for more challenging work outs, while beginners will just use it to strengthen the core. But that is okay. The point is that a sit up bench is versatile.
Sit up benches and back pain
Some people complain that they have back aches after they use the sit up bench. That is a common issue, which is why I feel the need to address it. Indeed, the sit up exercises will put some pressure on your back, but not more than they have to. It is normal to feel a little muscle sore after a workout. However, if you are experiencing severe back aches, it must mean you are doing the exercises wrong. People do not like to admit that, saying that how hard can it be to do sit ups. It is not hard, but the most common mistake is that people pull their upper body with their back instead of their abdomen. Learn how to do sit ups correctly, use your abs to pull yourself up, and you will see that you will no longer experience back pain. Not more than you have to at least.
What to consider when buying a sit up bench
A sit up bench must meet your needs, and you must choose it according to what you will use it for. However, there are a few essential features that a sit-up bench must have. Below you will find the most notable things you need to look at.
- Size – when I say size, I mean the size of the board. Usually, boardsare designed to accommodate people with an average height. However, if you are below or above that average, you must look for one that suits your size. A long board for a short person is not very inconvenient, but a short board for a tall person can lead to injuries. For example, your head can hit the floor. Not to mention that it is uncomfortable.
- The construction of the frame – a sit up bench will need to support your entire weight. That is why you need it to be well constructed and of high-quality materials. Look for something made of heavy-duty steel. It should have a capacity of up to 300 pounds. If you want something stronger than that, you are going to have to pay more, but you will be the owner of a gym-quality sit up bench.
- Padding – the bench should be heavily padded to protect your back. Look for a sit up bench with a thick cushion. However, if the pad exceeds 2 or 3 inches, that may prove to be uncomfortable. Try to follow that thickness, and you should be alright.
- Adjustability – not everyone has the same height which is why my advice is to not even look at models that are not adjustable. Also, the levels of adjustability will prevent your muscles from adjusting to the same resistance. If you get used to the same amount of resistance, your muscles will become lazy, and they will not develop as fast. Four levels of adjustability should be more than enough. You can change them from time to time.
- Cost – a gym-quality sit up bench will always be more expensive than a regular one. However, the good news is that you can find a decent sit up bench under 100$. All you have to do is look carefully and pay attention to the specifications.
What are the best sit up benches?
To be honest, I have a sit up bench at home, and I am more than satisfied with it. It is not something out of the ordinary, but it does its job well. If you do not want to lose time looking for the best sit up bench, here are three suggestions that should satisfy your needs.
Costway Adjustable Arc-Shaped Decline Sit Up Bench
The Costway sit up bench is ideal for beginners. I say that because it is not expensive, and in case you do not like it, at least you do not lose much. However, do not think it is not a good sit up bench. Actually, I am surprised of its quality at this price. It has an arc-shaped design, and it will help you define your body.
This sit up bench is made of sturdy and durable steel, and it has a capacity of maximum 330 pounds. The pad is 1.6 inches thick. It could have been better, but it is enough. The Costway bench also has a foldable design. You can easily store it wherever you want, and you can carry it without issues. The height of the bench is adjustable so that you can experience more levels of exercising.
This product is suitable for both commercial use and for home use.You can perform a variety of exercises like sit ups, twists, you can stretch and do abs and legs workouts, and more. The bench is multifunctional so that you can also use it for dumbbell bench presses as well. It is thick and wide, which means you can have efficient and comfortable workouts. The fact that it is versatile is a huge plus, which is why so many people recommend it. It has an excellent quality-price ratio, and it will help you achieve the results you want. Assembly is easy, and the manual provides clear instructions. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Fitbill Sit Up Bench
The Fitbill sit up bench is the perfect example of when technology meets exercise. If you are a big fan of using technology and virtual coaches, then you are going to love this sit up bench. It comes with the latest technology and a free Android or iOS application that will help you keep track of your training routines.
The bench has a built-in face recognition ability that will count your sit ups. A virtual coach is also available, which means that your progress will be monitored at all times. You will also receive a step-by-step training, something that not all sit up benches can provide. All you have to do is place the smartphone in the provided magnetic cell phone holder and get on with your training.
As for the construction of the bench, it has a heavy-duty steel frame with a capacity of 300 pounds. The thigh support is adjustable, and the pivoting foam rollers will not allow your legs to slip. The fact that the bench is foldable will enable you to fold it and store it conveniently around the house. This model is ideal for people who want to do their fitness routines at home. To be honest, I am surprised that such an advanced sit up bench is so cheap, but then again, that works in your favor. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Finer Form Gym Quality Premium Adjustable Curved Sit Up Bench
When you see Gym Quality in the title, all you can think about is high quality. Think about it. Gym owners will always invest in premium products so that they do not have to replace their devices very often. By that logic, this sit up bench will last forever if you are the only user. You can use it at home or at the office. It weighs only 26 pounds, so it is not so hard to carry.
The sit up bench from Finer Form is made of heavy-duty steel, which makes it highly durable and sturdy. That also provides the stability you need during workouts. It comes with a very comfortable 2-inch pad that provides the right amount of support for your back. The fact that the backboard is curved means that you can maintain a good posture during your training. You have no chance of suffering from back pain.
You can use this product for a vast variety of exercises. You can train your core, legs, and you can even use it from dumbbell bench presses. The reverse crunch handle design will also allow you to train your upper abdomen. The leg supports are heavily padded for comfort. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
One of the things I hate about gym equipment is deterioration. That is why I think it is best to invest in the best sit up bench you can find. What I hate the most is when the padding starts to give in, and you scratch your back in the torn leather (or synthetic leather.) Judging by all the features, I think the best product is the Finer Form Gym Quality Premium Adjustable Curved Sit Up Bench. It is made of high-quality materials, it is adjustable, and you can do whatever exercises you want on it. Not to mention that the pad has the right thickness.
I think it is a good idea to invest in gym equipment for your home. It may cost you a bit in the beginning, but it is a thing worth investing in. You take care of both your health and aspect. One of the products above will provide precisely that, so whichever one you choose, you will be satisfied with your purchase. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Patio Storage Bench Can Be Fun for Everyone
- Benches for Sale Reviews & Guide
- What Needs to be Done About Sit up Bench Exercises Before You Miss Your Chance
- Sit up Bench Price Reviews & Guide
- The Biggest Myth About Sit up Equipment Exposed
- New Step by Step Roadmap for Ab Bench
- The Foolproof Adjustable Sit up Bench Strategy
- What the In-Crowd Won’t Tell You About Sit up Bench for Sale
- The Little-Known Secrets to Decline Sit up Bench
- Incline Sit up Bench Features
- Sit up Machine Tips
- Danger Signs on Sit up Bench You Need to Know
- The Little-Known Secrets to Small Bench Seat
- The Foolproof Ab Sit up Bench Strategy
- Short Article Reveals the Undeniable Facts About Gym Sit up Bench and How It Can Affect You
- The Undisputed Truth About Best Ab Machine That the Experts Don’t Want You to Know
- The Lost Secret of Bench Sit Ups
- Mythical Answers to Folding Sit up Bench Identified
- The Hidden Truth About Weight Bench for Sale Revealed
- What You Must Know About Wooden Storage Bench
- The Pain of Metal Bench
- New Questions About Body Solid Bench Answered and Why You Must Read Every Word of This Report
- Up in Arms About Folding Picnic Table Bench?
- Outside Bench Tips & Guide
- Who Else Is Misleading Us About Ab Workout Machines?
- Know What Gurus are Saying About Sit up Bench Workout
- What Decline Bench Sit Ups Is – and What it Is Not
- Brief Article Teaches You the Ins and Outs of Ab Crunch Bench and What You Should Do Today
- Things You Should Know About Fitness Bench
- The Pain of Decline Ab Bench
- Top Crunch Bench Tips!
- Gossip, Lies and Workout Bench
- Weight Bench – Is it a Scam?
- Techniques for Bench Seat with Storage Only Couple of People Know
- If You Read Nothing Else Today, Read This Report on Outdoor Storage Bench